Wednesday 20 July 2016

NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick


So, I went out to Boots and bought these 4 Shades of NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks. I have wanted to get my hands on these for a while, but they was always sold out! Today was the day! I was super excited. 
Initial thought when I bought them was, I love the packaging and there's a lot of product in the tube for £6.50 compared to other liquid lipsticks. You really do get your monies worth. The colours do look the same but if you take a closer look they are very different. 
The texture is really smooth and glides on the lips, if you ever heard the saying, 'its soft like butter!' Well this liquid Lipstick is the perfect example for that, its creamy and fluffy at first when you apply.
 When applying to the lips, you have to be very fast and precise as it will dry matte quite quickly. I used a lipstick brush aswell as the applicator wand. 
The smell however, is really foul, it smells like wallpaper paste, as well as being a makeup artist, I decorate my own home too, I have put wallpaper on all around the house so wallpaper paste is something I am very familiar with and that's what the smell of these reminded me off! Not Good!


Above are the swatches of the 4 colours I purchased, I really do believe I purchased the best colours out the whole range! From left to right, Corset, Bedtime Flirt, Lace Detail and Push Up. Below is my all time FAVOURITE colour in LACE DETAIL! NYX have totally smashed the colour range of these liquid Nude Lipsticks. I LOVE THEM!


The liquid lipstick will stay on throughout the day without the need to touch up, however after you have had something to eat or drink it will wear off from the inside of the lips, and slightly crack! What I also noticed was that throughout the day when you rub your lips together, your lips do stick which then causes the lipstick to transfer from the top to bottom, or bottom to top causing cracks and leaving patches in you lips, which then you will have to reapply. It will feel like you have nothing on your lips until you rub them together.

I would recommend these and will say the more you layer the more it cracks on your lips, so keep it minimal and pout away! X

0 comments:

Post a Comment